See the Events Calendar for classes, events and activities right now.
- every Monday promptly at 5:45 p.m. Please arrive by 5:15 p.m. Dinner is available at 4;30 p.m.
- EVERY Tuesday at 12:45 p.m. Please arrive by 12:15 a.m.. Or come to lunch first at 11:45 a.m.
Bridge is being played every Friday at 12:00 p.m.
The Genealogy group meets the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month
A walking group walks outside every Monday at 9:00 a.m. from the senior center to the nearby neighborhood and back.
Line Dancing is held
- Monday and Wednesdays from 9 – 10:30 a.m.
- Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month from 3 – 4:00 p.m.
- Lots of beginner dances
Come play pinochole every Thursday at 1:00 p.m.
Quilters meet Wednesday and Thursday mornings starting at 6:30 a.m.
Tai Chi classes are held at the La Pine Senior Center on Wednesdays at 10:30-11:30 a.m. and on Fridays at 10:00-11:00 a.m. taught by Taoist Grandmaster Franklin. All ages and levels are welcome. You may see further information about Tai Chi, classes and Grandmaster Franklin at www.taomysticalworld.com.
Tai Chi is an art form that originated in China circa 1122 BCE. It is the science of working with the energy within the body. Tai Chi not only helps to maintain a person’s physical health and mental balance but also is used to treat a number of illnesses without the use of any drugs. Tai Chi takes the participant through a range of movement and breathing methods to achieve maximum health benefits.
Weight Watchers meets every Thursday at 5:00 p.m.
- Chair Yoga is held Thurdays at 9 a.m. and participants sit in a chair while doing yoga.
- Gentle Yoga (mat) -Gentle (restorative) Yoga is held every Thursday at 5:00 p.m.
Gentle yoga is done on a soft mat on the floor. Emphasis is on using the breath and gravity to relax the body, allowing to stretch comfortably.
You are positioned into comfortable stretches and then let gravity do all the work!
This stretches the spine, muscles, tendons and joints and allows for increased healing oxygen throughout the body.
You will leave class peaceful, rested and restored.
Free for members. $4 for all others.
Specialty Clinics and Support Groups
- Foot Clinic – available the 3rd Monday of every month at 9 a.m. Call 541-788-4785 for appointment.
- Hearing Clinic – available the 4th Monday of the month at 9 a.m. Call 541-389-9690 for appointment.
- Grief Support Group – held on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month from 10-11:30 a.m.
- AA – meetings every Tuesday at 7 p.m.
If you need legal aid or legal advice please call the Senior Center at (541) 536-6237.
Leave your name and phone number and the Senior Center will pass you info on to the folks at
legal aid. Legal aid will then call you to discuss your issue.