La Pine Senior Center is a nonprofit organization without a tax rate to support it. The doors of the center are kept open by the members of the center. We do this by volunteering our time working in the office, front desk, fund raisers, maintenance, grounds keeping and catering.
- To develop and maintain an active senior citizen program in the greater La Pine area which includes Southern Deschutes and Northern Klamath counties.
- To encourage older adults to use their skills, develop their potential and continue their involvement in our community.
- To promote independent living for senior adults so as to maintain their visibility and contributions to our community.
- To add to the quality of life for seniors by creating senior programs that will be inviting, enjoyable, including recreational activities, entertainment and informational programs on nutrition, health and welfare programs.
- To develop volunteer opportunities for all interested individuals in all aspects of our program.